Date: June 15th - 17th, 2012
Three options to suit all types of Delta Pi paddlers
1. Two Day Adventure Paddle - 2 options: Start Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
- Starting Friday @ 2:00 p.m. in my Riverside Adventure Company (RAC) parking lot in Danville, PA.
- 4:00 p.m. Friday - we get in the water at Nanticoke, PA at Canal Park paddle to Shickshinny, PA.
- 7:00 p.m. Friday - we reach our overnight location. When we get there, food is prepared for us by my staff. Chicken, burgers, dogs, pasta salad, etc.
- 8:00 p.m. Friday - set-up camp and vote for a tribal council and begin our Lord of the Flies overnight experience.
- 6:00 a.m. Saturday - A second van leaves RAC in Danville and heads to the rendez-vous location in Shickshinny, PA
- 8:00 a.m Saturday - Breakfast - Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, coffee, tea, OJ, maybe toast, fruit.
- 8:30 a.m. Saturday - Each paddlers is provided a bagged lunch for the day. It includes: 2 - PBJ sandwiches, granola, water, fruit, chips.
- 9:00 a.m. Saturday - into the boats - Gear is transported by my staff to the next overnight location.
- 7:00 p.m. Saturday - Make camp at Indian head Campground in Bloomsburg (at the latest. We should arrive earlier)
- 7:00 p.m. Saturday - My staff is there setting up camp and making food.
- 7:30 p.m. Saturday - Eat. Dinner: Steak, salad, potatoes, corn, pie, coffee, water, gatorade, tea.
- 8:00 p.m. Saturday - Lord of Flies: part II
- 8:00 a.m. Sunday - Breakfast: Same as Saturday
- 8:30 a.m. Sunday - My staff will take the gear to our final destination (I mean Danville: not hell)
- 9:00 a.m. Sunday - Paddle to Danville
- 1:00 p.m. Sunday - arrive at Danville for Lunch and end of trip. Food: burgers and picnic food.
RAC will supply everyone with a canoe or kayak.
RAC will provide all transportation for gear.
RAC will provide an exit strategy for those that might get sick or hurt along the way, thus eliminating a "Deliverance" type experience for some.
If we have a group of 15 people, this will cost $189.00/person.
If we have more, it will cost less, if we have less people, it will cost more/person.
Price increases to $199.00 on April 15th, 2012.