- Race Results
The Driver Safety Course is presented in 2 (two) 4 hour sessions. If you have never enrolled in this course before, or if you have not taken the refresher course within the last 4 years, this is the Driver Safety class in which you must register. Please fill out a registration form available at the Redlands Senior Center. The course fee is $12.00 for AARP Members and $14.00 for non-members.
What will I learn by taking this course?
You can expect to learn the current rules of the road, defensvie driving techniques, and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's increasingly challenging driving environment. You'll learn adjustments to accomodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing, and reaction time. You will learn the following:
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
- Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
After completing the course you will have a greater appreciation of driving challenges and of how you can avoid potential collisions and injuries to yourself and others.Plus, participants may qualify for an automobile insurance discount by completing the classroom course ( participants should check with their auto insurance agent for details).
This is NOT a driver license renewal class and is in NO WAY affiliated with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
For more information please call the Redlands Senior Center, 909-798-7579.
Map & Direction
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Redlands Community Senior Center 111 West Lugonia Ave. Redlands, CA, United States of America 92374Get Directions