- Race Results
2012 Solar Eclipse Marathon/Half Marathon Tour
Start: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
SEE TOUR PRICES BELOW. **Please note there is a 2.5% processing fee when registering on active.com.**
Kathy Loper Events is proud to take you to be part of the most unique sporting event the world has ever seen: The Solar Eclipse Marathon/Half Marathon.
In the sky over Port Douglas, north of Cairns in Queensland, Australia, a total solar eclipse will occur on the morning of November 14, 2012. As the first rays of the Sun re-emerge from behind the Moon, the Marathon & Half Marathon will start on the beautiful Four Mile Beach
Please note this event is spectator friendly; you don't have to participate in the runs to travel with our tour. . So tell your neighbors and family members about this incredible, awesome travel experience.
Port Douglas, Australia
TOUR PRICES AND OPTIONS:
Total Tour Cost from Los Angeles on Quantas Airlines:
Solar Eclipse Tour Program A:
Thu 08 Nov - Mon 19 Nov
Solar Eclipse Marathon/Great Barrier Reef, & Sydney - $6,585.00
Solar Eclipse Tour Program B:
Thu 08 Nov - Fri 23 Nov
Solar Eclipse Marathon/Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Ayers Rock & Sydney - $85350.00
* On Quantas Airlines from Los Angeles non-stop gateway.
* Per person, sharing twin, including all air & land. Add Air Taxes (currently approx. $220.00).
* Please note possible air fuel surcharge to be added, currently $650.00 per person.
Single Room Supplement:
Program A - +$ 1,244.00
Program B - +$ 2,080.00
OPTIONAL DAY TOURS:
*Daintree Rainforest Optional * Bridge Climb - $198
* Hunter Valley Wine Tour - $160 - $214
* Blue Mountains Wildlife Tour - $130 - $145
For both programs the deposit is $1000.00 per person at time of booking.$1500 second deposit due by August 18th. Make checks payable to Kathy Loper Events
Add Travel Protection Plan (ask for quote) per person if desired.
Optional Travel Protection Plan:is available which covers your moneys paid if you must cancel or interrupt your trip for medical reasons. If there are any pre-existing conditions, it must be paid within 21 days of the initial deposit, cannot be added later.
Balance due by latest September 5th, 2012.
INCLUDED IN PACKAGES:
Both Programs include:
*Air fare non-stopfrom Los Angeles to Sydney to Cairns, coach class. Includes weekend surcharge. Also includes all air fares within Australia. USA domestic add-on air fares available on request.
* Accommodations at First Class Hotel/Resorts as shown, basis sharing double/twin room. Single room supplement available on request.
* Full Buffet Breakfast daily at all hotels/resorts.
* Special Lunches and Dinners as shown.
* In-flight meals at appropirate meal hours.
* Group transfers from/to airports, including baggage handling at airports/hotels.
* Sightseeing and excursions as shown, including entrance fees to places visited. Includes national park fees.
* English-speaking local driverguides.
* "Marathon Package" by Albatros including race entry fee, t-shirt, certificate. We will automatically register you for the event of your choice.
* Tipping to local guides and drivers on included services.
* Earn American Airlines miles on Qantas Airways miles flown.
* City maps and shopping information.
* US and overseas International airport taxes which must be on the air tickets (amount fluctuates - estimated $220 pp). Applicable amount will be on final invoice for ticketing. Possible air fuel surcharges (currently $650)* US Passport fee (must have a valid US passport valid to at least 01 May 2013).
* Australia Visa (tourist visa) processing fee of about $25.00 for US citizens
* Tips to local guides and drivers on Optional Tours.
* Items of personal nature, and any items not specifically listed as included herein.
If cancellation becomes necessary, monies recoverable from the suppliers will be refunded, less $200.00 per person administration fee. Your deposit includes the official registration fee which is subject to the following cancellation conditions:
Full refund minus $300 administrative fees if cancel before August 23rd.
With cancellations 75-15 days prior to departure, a handling fee of 85% of the price of the tour will be charged.
No refunds after October 8th
If you secure cancellation insurance you would receive a full refund of the price of the tour. Travel Insurance is not required but highly recommended. If a sharing person drops out, he/she is responsible for the resulting single room supplement cost to the remaining room partner, unless a new share person can be found that suits the remaining room partner.
Note: Prices are subject to adjustment by time of final invoicing, mainly in the event of currency variations,vendor price changes and airport taxes/fuel surcharges which can fluctuate
DEVIATION / CHANGE FEE:
Your Solar Eclipse Marathon/Half Marathon package has been developed as a group movement in order to take advantage of specially negotiated prices when traveling as a group. A fee of $100.00 per person will apply per deviation or change from the original program, plus the extra costs of new or changed services.