- Race Results
Cane Field Classic 2013
Start: Saturday, October 26, 2013
Margaret Plantation 2213 Lafiton Lane
Port Allen , LA 70767
Port Allen , LA 70767
Registration Closing Date
Thursday, October 24, 2013
W. Higgins Adventure and Events
CANE FIELD CLASSIC
The event will again be held on Margaret Plantation in West Baton Rouge Parish, with the races beginning at 8:00 a.m., 8:15 a.m., and 9:15 a.m.
The races will start and finish on Margaret Plantation, a 100+ year old Sugar Cane Plantation. Runners will race down headlands (field roads), surrounded by mature sugar cane on all sides, travel along large canals and view the Louisiana State Capitol from afar. The Cane Field Classic is truly a race unlike any other! Live Cajun Music, great food, refreshments and fresh cut sugar cane will greet runners at the end of the race!
ALL NEW for 2013!!! The Rows of Hell 1 Miler... is a run through the middle of a new low-growth field. You will be running down the field rows (single track) on a weaving course that is surely going to be a challenge and finishing with a 15th of a mile strait away race to the finish.
Want the "Most DANGEROUS Running Metal in the World"?!?!?
The Cane Cutter Challenge is for you. Do ALL 3 Races and when you finish the final race you will receive your Custom Engraved CANE CUTTER CHALLENGE Machete..."the most DANGEROUS Running Metal in the WORLD!"(only 100 registrations)
*Only 300 registrations available for 4 Miler!
*Only 100 registrations available for CANE CUTTER CHALLENGE!
- "Field Hand" Shirts for ALL PREREGISTERED Runners.
- Unique CFC printed Cotton Bags with Raw Sugar from the fields for 4 mile and Cane Cutter Racers!
- Sugar Mile - Top 3 Male and Female Winners.
- Cane Field 4 Miler - Top 10 Male and Female Winners.
- Rows of Hell 1 Miler - Top 3 Male and Female Winners.
- CANE CUTTER CHALLENGE - Overall Male AND Female
A portion of the proceeds from the Cane Field Classic will go to the RocketKidz Foundation, a local Baton Rouge, La, foundation. The RocketKidz Foundations mission is to fight childhood obesity and encourage kids fitness through education, programs, facilities and scholarship development.
The fields are flat and inspected prior to the race but all ruts, tire tracks, holes, mud and other naturally occurring changes can not all be prevented. Also, Trail Shoes are not required but older/dirty shoes are recommended especially if rain has fallen within a week before the race.
The Rows of Hell 1 Miler will be run through the middle of a cut field weaving throughout, running down rows and through rough terrain. This terrain is not level in any way and conditions could be dry to very muddy.
Event schedule and times
SCHEDULE ***(Subject to change due to weather)
- Packet Pickup at Varsity Sports Friday October 25th 11-1pm and 4-6pm.
- Race Day Registration is available and will start at 7:00 am and close at 7:45am.
- Yoga Warm-up prior to race starting at 7:45am
- Sugar Mile Starts at 8:00am
- Cane Field 4 Miler Starts at 8:15am
- Rows of Hell 1 Miler at 9:15am
- After Party with live Cajun Music and Food to follow races
- Awards Presented