Performance Fitness is proud to bring you the 2nd Annual Cane Field Classic which will be held on Margaret Plantation in West Baton Rouge Parish, beginning at 8:00 a.m.
The race will start and finish on Margaret Plantation, a 100+ year old Sugar Cane Plantation. Runners will race down headlands (field roads), surrounded by mature sugar cane on all sides, travel along large canals and view the Louisiana State Capitol from afar. The Cane Field Classic is truly a race unlike any other! Live Cajun Music, great food, refreshments and fresh cut sugar cane will greet runners at the end of the race!
*Only 500 registrations available for 4 Mile!
- Custom Embroidered Brooks Caps to first 300 Cane Field 4 Mile Runners registered on or before Oct 19th. Four colors with Limited Selection!
- Unique Swag Bags with great items and discounts from local sponsors to all racers.
- Awards for Top Ten Male and Female Finishers of the 4 Mile and Top Three Male and Female Finishers of the 1 Mile.
- Packet Pickup at Varsity Sports Thursday October 20th from 11am-1pm and 4:30-6pm
- Race Day Registration is available and will start at 7:00 am and close at 7:45 am. $35.00 for Cane Field 4 Mile and $20.00 for Sugar Mile.
- Yoga Warm-up prior to race starting at 7:45
- A portion of the proceeds from the Cane Field Classic will go to the RocketKidz Foundation, a local Baton Rouge, La, foundation. The RocketKidz Foundations mission is to fight childhood obesity and encourage kids fitness through education, programs, facilities and scholarship development.
***Warning! The fields are very flat and inspected prior to the race but all ruts, tire tracks, holes, mud and other naturally occurring changes can not all be prevented. Also, Trail Shoes are not required but older/dirty shoes are recommended especially if rain has fallen within a week before the race.