The Recreation & Community Services Department is inviting local art organizations and cultural groups to share their heritage with the community by participating in Traditions. Examples from the past include dancing, musical performances, demonstrations, interactive activities, static displays, holiday history presentations and crafts. This event showcases cultural holidays from around the world and groups' participation should reflect a holiday tradition. All activities will take place at the Municipal Building and Recreation & Cultural Arts Center.
If your group would like to do a performance - please register under Traditions Performance.
- This is a non-commercial family event, groups are not permitted to actively sell any merchandise, nor is the distribution of any sales/promotional material permitted
- All activities or displays must be related to holiday traditions, festivals, and other celebrations
- Informational tables or trade booths are not permitted
- All performances, displays, and activities must have advance approval
- Performances must be suitable for general audiences
- Performances are scheduled in 10-15 minute time segments (if you need additional time please let us know.)
- Selection will be based, in part, on our ability to accomodate amount of set-up time and/or special needs of the group
- Any group with a craft activity must provide their own supplies and volunteers, and must be present for the duration of the event.
- Volunteers under 15 are only permitted when volunteering with a parent or group coordinator
Only authorized group leaders should submit this registration request to participate (as they will be contacted by our office upon approval). Thank you for your time and interest. If you have questions please contact our office, 609-799-0909 x1703.