Peachtree Corners Kids Triathlon 8:00 AM
Start: Saturday, August 17, 2013
Peachtree Corners , GA 30092
Registration Closing Date
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
*** T-Shirt Availability and Size no longer guaranteed as of 8/7/2013 ***
Locally-focused Peachtree Corners family event for children ages 6-15 competing in three age-appropriate distances in this low-key, introductory triathlon.
This event is a fun and supportive race to introduce kids to a triathlon competition. While competition is a critical element of any race, a supportive and participative environment of the parents and community is a primary goal. Higher skilled youth athletes should consider IronKids and other youth triathlons events that are professionally organized with longer distances.
• Mandatory pre-race packet pick-up: Friday, August 16, 2013 5:00 to 8:00. Race numbers and T-Shirts will be provided to each participant.
Juniors (6-8 years old): 50 yard swim (2 laps), 2 mile bike (1 loop), 0.75 mile run
Intermediate (9-12 years old): 150 yard swim (6 laps), 3.5 mile bike (2 loops), 1 mile run
Seniors (13-15 years old): 200 yard swim (8 laps), 5 mile bike (3 loops), 1.5 mile run
• Medals will be awarded as each participant crosses the finish line.
• At least 1 volunteer is required per Senior and Intermediate participant. This is a locally organized, community event. Please mark your volunteer preference on the entry form.
• Participants must be registered with USA Triathlon. During registration, you can validate current membership numbers or purchase a membership. Annual youth memberships are $15. One-day event memberships are $10. If you anticipate competing in more than one triathlon, register as an annual youth member.
• RACE AGE: Age groups follow USAT rules which state that racers compete in the age group for the age they will be on December 31 of the race year. Your child will be assigned division distances based on the age at December 31, 2013. If you feel the distance is too long for your child to successfully complete you may age them down to the shorter race; however, they will not be eligible for place awards (all racers will receive a finishers medals regardless). If you wish to age your child down please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org since the website will not allow you to do that.
Pool swim and transition are located in the Lodge at Simpsonwood.
Swim laps in pool. Individual in-water start at fixed intervals
Bike course is a 2 mile loop on Jones Bridge Circle & Fitzpatrick Way. The course will NOT BE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC. Experienced adult cyclists will ride the course and police and volunteers will be at intersections along the bike course to provide safety for all children. Parents of 6 and 7 year olds only are allowed to ride with their child on the bike course. Parents of older children: please cheer for your child from the sidelines and keep the course clear for racers. Juniors ride one (1) lap, Intermediate rides two (2) laps, and Seniors ride three (3) laps. The bike course is relatively flat but does have one downhill and one uphill on Jones Bridge Circle near the PCS&R Club. Please try to ride this loop with your child before race day.
Run course is from the Lodge at Simpsonwood to the finish at the Peachtree Corners Swim and Racquet pool.
3 police officers will be positioned along the course at key intersections.
Map links are below:
Saturday August 17 2013 08:00 AM