Buehler YTri Triathlon Club (2014 Season)
Start: Friday, November 1, 2013
Palatine , IL 60067
Registration Closing Date
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 @ 1:59 AM (CDT)
Buehler YTri Triathlon Club is a highly active group of over 100 athletes interested in the sport of triathlon. Our members vary in ages, backgrounds, experience, and ability levels, and race every distance from super sprints to full Ironman. We are dedicated to helping beginners prepare for their first race as well as providing a supportive training partner network for advanced athletes.
Open to everyone, both YMCA and non-YMCA members
Membership entitles you to a wealth of opportunities including specialized clinics, workshops, training classes, outdoor group training events, race-day support, social events, and numerous local sponsor discounts.
We pride ourselves on group training opportunities and open our membership to non-Buehler YMCA members, so you can still benefit from almost all of our offerings. Events using Buehler YMCA facilities, such as the group swim workouts, indoor cycling classes, etc., are typically offered for a fee for non-Y members.SOME OF CLINICS/WORKSHOPS WE OFFER
- Tri 101 - Introduction to Triathlons
- Prehab/Rehab and Injury Prevention
- Performance Cycling
- Triathlon Swim Crash Course for Beginners
- Bike Maintenance
- USAT Rules/Bike Handling
- Race Day Nutrition
- Transitions Tips
- Group outdoor swimming events
- Group bike rides for all experience levels
- Buehler YTri training and race apparel
- An energized group of teammates to cheer you on to the finish line
- Social events throughout the year to get to know each other, share stories and just have fun!