With only four ingredients this dessert is a must have for your next family camping trip.
Submitted by: Angela Garland
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 2 cans of peaches in syrup
- Shortening to grease dutch oven
- Heavily grease 4 or 5 qt dutch oven with shortening.
- Next, pour in 2 cans of peaches.
- Pour packaged yellow cake mix on top of peaches.
- Slice or pinch up 2 sticks of butter or margarine on top of cake mix.
- Place lid on dutch oven.
- Put approximately 6 nice sized coals underneath dutch oven and 7 on top of lid.
- Let it bake for 30 to 45 minutes. (Check it after 30 and if it doesn't look nice and done, let it cook for up to 15 more.)