Ultraman Florida is a 3 day athletic endeavor guaranteed to test an athlete’s physical and mental limits. It is a journey that will touch your soul and create memories that will last a lifetime. The race covers a total distance of 321.6 miles (517.5 kilometers) around central Florida. It requires that each participant complete a 6.2 mile (10 K) open water swim, a 263 mile (423 K) bike ride, and a 52.4 mile (84 K) ultra-marathon run. Day 1 is a 6.2 mile swim and 92 mile bike, Day 2 is a 171 mile bike, and Day 3 is a 52.4 mile run.
Event details and schedule
Ultraman Florida Application Guidelines
- Please complete all questions in detail.
- Applications will be accepted beginning on March 1, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed every two weeks;
pockets of invitations will be sent out every two weeks.
- If invitations are not accepted within two weeks, slots will be
returned to the pool.
- The application process will continue in this manner until
all 50 slots are filled.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 will be applied to
$1,800 registration fee if athlete is accepted.
- Accepted athletes will be subject to random drug-testing
on race weekend, subject to the rules of the USADA.
Tuesday, February 13 to Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Mandatory Bike Inspections
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Mandatory Athlete/Crew Registration & Check-In
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Mandatory Athlete/Crew Race Briefing Breakfast
Friday, February 16, 2018
STAGE I - 6.2 mile (10 km) swim in Lake Conway, followed by a 91 mile (146 km) cross-country bike ride from Lake Conway to finish at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp in Cocoa, Florida. Elevation total 1,153 feet.
Saturday, February 17, 2018
STAGE II - 172 mi (276 km) bike ride, from Lone Cabbage Fish Camp in Cocoa, thru the beautiful farmlands, small towns and rolling hills of central Florida, finishing at Speer Park in the town of Oakland, Florida. Elevation total 4,815 feet.
Sunday, February 18, 2018
STAGE III - 52.4 mile (84 km) double-marathon run from the town of Clermont, thru the rolling hills of central Florida, finishing at the Town Hall of the charming town of Windermere, Florida. Elevation total 2,107 feet.
Monday, February 19, 2018
Each stage must be completed in 12 hours or less. We strongly recommend the swim be completed in 6 hours or less. Participants not reaching the respective finish lines within the 12 hour limits will be disqualified, but encouraged to continue each of the following days as a participant.
If an athlete is accepted to race Ultraman Florida 2018, and has to drop out at some point, the following cancellation fees will apply:
- Cancel before June 30 = $400 cancellation fee
- Cancel July 1 to July 31 = $600 cancellation fee
- Cancel August 1 to August 31 = $800 cancellation fee
- Cancel September 1 to September 30 = $1,000 cancellation fee
- Cancel after October 1st = NO REFUND