5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run for kids. Runners of all ages and abilities welcomed. Create a corporate, school, family, civic group, or neighborhood team to participate or sign up as an individual.
Early-Bird Registration through March 15, 2014 - Only $30.00 ($5.00 discount for registering as a team member)
Registration through April 18, 2014 - $35.00 ($5.00 discount for registering as a team member)
After April 18, Registration is $40.00 ($5.00 discount for registering as a team member)
When? May 3, 2014
Time? 8:00 a.m. for Kids Fun Run, 8:30 a.m. for 5K
Where? Skutt High School, 3131 S 156th St., Omaha, NE 68130
Why? Because you care about the life of every child at play, every pedestrian, every cyclist, every passenger, and every motorist.
- To "Run/Walk to Remember" loved ones who have died in traffic incidents.
- To "Run/Walk to Remember" the behaviors we should each exercise to keep ourselves and others safe while driving, riding as a passenger, as a pedestrian, and as a cyclist/skateboarder/roller-blader.
- To raise funds to support the mission of Keep Kids Alive Drive 25, a national non-profit based in Omaha, targeting traffic safety education in communities throughout the U.S. Invite family, friends, businesses to sponsor you by donating at www.KeepKidsAliveDrive25.org.
Questions??? = E-mail email@example.com or call 402-334-1391
All participants invited to wear something to remind yourself of someone you love - a wristband, piece of clothing, jewelry (something with a special story behind it). Let's celebrate the life and love our loved ones have shared and continue to share with us.
5K "Run/Walk to Remember" begins and ends at Skutt High School Stadium. Runs along the South Papio Trail adjacent to Skuttt athletic fields. Out and back course.
1 Mile Kids "Fun Run" will be on Skutt High School Track
- Shirts - To assure shirt size, please register by April 18th. Extra shirts will be ordered in a variety of sizes in order to be sure that all participants receive a shirt race day. We'll do a 2nd run if needed for those registering on race day.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all participants in the 1 Mile Kids Fun Run.
- Plaques will be awarded to the top three male and female overall winners for the 5K. Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female age groups winners.
The following age groups will be used: under 12 (Kids Fun Run - Participation Ribbons), 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 plus.
Raffle - Highlight is Creighton Team Autographed Basketball, including #3 Doug Mc Dermott, leading candidate for National Player of the Year. This is a once-in-a-generation keepsake. Tickets available in advance in Omaha @ The Garden Cafe - Rockbrook, all Certified Transmission locations, and the Southwest YMCA - 13010 Atwood. $10 per ticket or 3 for $25.00. Call 402-334-1391 for more information. An additional raffle will be held the day of the event. Tickets will be $1.00 to $5.00,. depending on value of raffle prizes.
Prizes will be listed as the event draws near.
Event schedule and times
May 3, 2014
7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. - Packet/T-Shrit pickup and same day registration - $40.00 for 5K, $20.00 for 1 Mile Fun Run
8:00 a.m. - Kids 1 Mile Fun Run on Skutt Stadium Track
8:30 a.m. - 5K Run/Walk Start
9:30 a.m. - Awards