Green teas have grown increasingly popular in the past several years, with headlines touting the health benefits of antioxidant-rich green tea. It generally has an earthy, grassy, sweet flavor and has become so popular you can now find green tea flavored ice cream and gum.
Green tea leaves undergo minimal amounts of oxidation, increasing the level of antioxidants and decreasing caffeine levels. Many green teas are about a third to half the caffeine of eight ounces of coffee.
Green teas I recommend:
- Yogi Tea: Green Tea Goji berry
- A blend of organic green tea leaf, green matcha tea leaf and goji berries. This is one of my favorite teas of all time. Unlike many berry-flavored teas, this one isn't overwhelmingly tart.
- Yogi Tea: Green Tea Super Antioxidant
- With grapeseed extract, emblic fruit extract, and herbs like lemongrass and green tea leaf, this tea has a very grassy flavor; it even tastes healthy.
- Yogi Tea: Green Tea Energy
- With Asian ginseng root, green tea, lemongrass, spearmint and kombucha. I drink this one when I need an energy boost.
- Celestial Seasonings: Tropical Acai Berry Green Tea
- A blend of green tea, hibiscus, natural flavors of acai berry, mango, banana, blackberry leaves, guarana and acai berry fruit.
- Celestial Seasonings: Blueberry Breeze Green Tea
- Green tea, hibiscus, blueberry flavors, and blackberry and blueberry leaves give this tea an extra fruity flavor.
- Yogi Tea: Green Tea Pomegranate
- A blend of green tea leaf, hibiscus flower, pomegranate juice powder and stevia leaf makes this one very tart and sweet.