Bonus Orange-Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 peeled orange
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut water (for electrolytes)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds or flax oil
- 1 cup crushed ice
5 Bonus Green Ideas
1. Leafy salads can include chopped fresh veggies, nuts, dried cranberries, beans, and sunflower seeds. Make it a warm salad by adding leftover chili to the mix.
2. Toss some chopped kale, spinach or other greens into your pot of homemade soup for the final five minutes of cooking time.
3. Top steamed greens with a combo of cooked veggies such as squash, onions or carrots. Serve with dressing.
4. Steam kale and top it with cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes and chopped scallions.
5. Steam swiss chard with onions and spoon over cooked spaghetti squash. Add roasted almonds, green onions and a dressing of flax seed oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard.
Creamy Kale Dish Recipe
1. Saute the following in large skillet for five minutes:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
2. Put into blender along with:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of your favorite seasoning mix
3. Blend well and put back into skillet along with 10 to 12 cups chopped kale. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Taste and season as needed. Served over quinoa or your favorite beans.
Eat right and perform better. Find a nutrition plan for you.