Organic Chicken Cashew Stir-Fry With Oyster Citrus Sauce
- 2 organic chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 medium-sized white onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar-snap peas or snow peas
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, optional (omit if you're watching your sodium)
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- zest of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or sherry)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, orange juice, zest, rice wine and sesame oil together. Add cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
Make sure you have all of your ingredients prepared, and your sauce made before you start cooking. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat with canola oil. Place chicken in bottom of wok or pan and cook for four to five minutes, or until lightly browned. Add onions and carrots, and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Add bell pepper, peas and broccoli, and cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle in cashew pieces, and drizzle in sauce. Cook for an additional two minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are coated thoroughly with sauce. Remove from heat and serve with brown rice.
Israeli Couscous Salad With Pork, Apples and Golden Raisins
- 1 box of Israeli couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound organic ground pasture pork
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 2 large Gala or Fiji apples, cores removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup organic goat cheese
- salt and pepper
Cook couscous in chicken broth and water according to package directions. Drain any excess liquid and toss couscous with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add ground pork and cook for five to six minutes, breaking up any large pieces. Add shallot, squash and apples and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Stir in vinegar, rosemary, raisins, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for two to three more minutes and remove from heat. Toss pork mixture with couscous, and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.