Test yourself—see how much you know about nutrition.
1. Which is the healthiest soda?
A. Ginger Ale
C. Diet Pepsi
2. It's Cinco de Mayo, and you're celebrating with a little Mexican food. After scanning the menu for a few minutes, you confidently choose which of the following options?
B. Taco salad
C. Nachos Grande
D. Sizzling fajitas
3. You're off to Little Italy with a group of friends. Which menu item is the lowest-calorie option?
A. Fettuccini Alfredo
C. Linguini with red clam sauce
D. Eggplant Parmigiana
4. Which food has the most sodium?
A. Salt, table (1 tsp)
B. Sauerkraut (1 cup)
C. Miso soup (1 cup)
D. McDonald's Quarter Pounder
E. Del Monte Fresh Cut French Style Green Beans (1/2 cup)
F. Progresso Chicken & Homestyle Noodle Soup (1/2 can)
5. Which drink has the most sodium?
A. Tomato Juice (8 oz)
B. Chocolate McCaf? Shake (16 oz)
C. Diet Snapple (12 oz)
D. Gatorade G-Series Lemon-Lime Sports Drink
6. It's lunchtime at your favorite deli. What kind of sandwich won't cause you to pack on the pounds?
A. Tuna salad sandwich on 100 percent whole-wheat bread
B. Breaded and fried chicken cutlet on a roll
C. Bologna with lettuce and tomato on white bread
D. Ham and cheese with lettuce and tomato on whole-wheat bread