Using just a few of these 10 easy-to-remember tips could make the difference between success and failure for your new eating plan.
People everywhere are looking for that magic bullet to get in shape. Armed with resolutions and good intentions, what everyone really needs are some simple, easy ways to improve their health. Here are 10 tips from the experts at IDEA Health & Fitness Association that really work. Try them out and share them with friends and family.
1. Switch from regular to diet soda, and pass on sugar-laden energy drinks.
2. Never skip breakfast.
3. Drink alcohol only on weekends, if at all.
4. Use olive oil instead of butter on bread or when cooking.
5. Chew your food slowly, and always sit down when you eat.
6. Substitute sweet potatoes or yams for white potatoes.
7. Always ask for salad dressing on the side.
8. Choose dairy products that are fat free or 1 percent.
9. Ask restaurant servers to bring you half your meal and to put the other half in a doggie bag to take home.
10. Replace your regular dishes with smaller salad plates.
For more great ideas on how to get in shape, recipes, fitness videos and answers to almost any fitness question, check out IDEA's Get Fit! section. It covers a wide array of topics and answers questions that everyday exercisers and dieters have about how to start and stay on the right track with a fitness program.
About IDEA Health & Fitness Association
IDEA Health & Fitness Association is the world's leading membership organization of fitness and wellness professionals with more than 23,000 members in over 80 countries. Since 1982, IDEA has provided personal trainers, group exercise instructors, fitness program directors, mind-body teachers, health club owners and fitness center managers with pertinent information, health and fitness educational opportunities, career development programs and industry leadership while helping them enhance the quality of life worldwide through safe, effective lifestyle and fitness programs. IDEA members interact with consumers more than 25 million times a year in the fitness marketplace. For more information on IDEA fitness and wellness conferences, publications, professional fitness education and products, member services and other activities, visit www.ideafit.com.