Cacao Coffee Banana Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1 frozen banana
- ? cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 ? tablespoons raw, organic honey
- 1 large handful of ice
To make: Add ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth.
Toasted Almond and Chocolate Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- ? cup raw, organic honey
- ? cup coconut oil
- ? teaspoon vanilla extract
- ? teaspoon almond extract
- ? cup cocoa powder
- ? cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, coconut, almonds, cocoa nibs and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave honey and oil on high in a glass mixing bowl; until mixture is hot and bubbling, about 45 seconds. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread granola onto baking sheet in an even layer. Bake, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until granola is fragrant and no longer sticky, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool, for about 20 minutes; stirring occasionally to break up the large pieces. When granola is just barely warm, stir in chocolate chips. You want the chips to soften so they stick to some of the granola, but don't melt completely. Granola will keep for up to four weeks when stored in an airtight container.
Cacao and Berry Salad
- Mix strawberries and blueberries in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle berry mixture with cacao nibs, hemp seeds and macha.
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.