So, you';ve signed up for your first triathlon. Learn everything you need to know to make your first race a great success and a lot of fun! This workshop will offer you an informative primer on what you need to know to successfully complete your first triathlon.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Triathlon 101: Race distances, rules, and more
- Goal setting
- Knowing what equipment you need
- What to expect in the swim, on the bike, and on the run
- Basic Training: How to prepare for your first race
- Basic Nutrition: What to eat and drink on race day
- Common "rookie mistakes" and how to avoid them
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
This workshop will be led by Coach Ed Zerkle of Team TriZ. Coach Ed has trained and advised triathletes for over ten years as part of Team Z and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society';s Team in Training program.
CLINIC TIME AND DURATION:
This 90 minute clinic will be offered at 9:30AM.
This workshop is part of the TRI-MANIA Summit and Expo and will be held in the Multi-purpose Room within the Hanley Center for Athletic Excellence at Georgetwon Prep.
Event schedule and times
This 90-minute workshop will begin at 9:30am.