Learn techniques to improve your speed, efficiency, and injury resistance from Ken Mierke, designer of Evolution Running. Evolution Running is the first system to provide a comprehensive analysis of techniques that dramatically improve running speed, efficiency, and injury resistance. Evolution Running, described in the book Born to Run, has improved performance in runners of all levels, from overweight beginners to national and world champions.
Reduce injury risk and increase efficiency by:
- Minimizing vertical displacement
- Decreasing impact stress
- Engaging more and larger muscles to provide propulsion
- Running on your natural springs, not on your bones
- Finding the optimal balance of stride length and turnover
This 2-hour clinic includes presentations on each fundamental of running technique with drills and supervised running with feedback from the instructor.
What to Bring: Running shoes and come dressed to do very short runs outdoors
About the Instructor: Ken Mierke';s credentials include:
- B.S. Exercise Physiology with minors in Nutrition, Biology, and Psychology
- 2-Time ITU World Champion (2-time gold medalist and 2-time silver medalist)
- 1996 Olympic Torchbearer
- Lost 80 pounds himself and kept it off for twenty years
- USAT Mid Atlantic Region Athlete Development Coordinator, 2002-2003
- Director of Training, Joe Friel';s Ultrafit, 2002-2004
- Director, Joe Friel International Coaches Symposium, 2003 and 2004
- Instructor, USAT Coaches Certification
- Author, The Triathlete';s Guide to Run Training
- Producer, Evolution Running: Run Faster with Fewer Injuries DVD
- Author, Evolution Running: Run Faster and Farther Without Injury (due out 2013)
- Client Results include winners of 6 World Championships and 29 National Championships, 4 Hawaii Ironman Podium Finishers and multiple Ironman Age Group Course Records
Event schedule and times
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cannot attend clinic, please let us know in advance by sending an email to Info@EvolutionRunning.com. If there is space available in a future clinic you may be able to attend, however, notice of available space will be limited. It is acceptable for you to have a friend substitute for you at the clinic and pay the registration fee to you directly. SORRY, NO REFUNDS.