Educate and Empower Orphans in Sierra Leone
Sign up for 2016 Race for HOPE today!
Whether you want to run in the race, volunteer, or simply make a donation, your participation will make a huge difference in Africa!
Event details and schedule
Thank you for pre-registering for Race for HOPE 5K/10K and 1 Mile fun run at the Mariners' Museum Park.
Prior to arriving at the race on Saturday morning, please read the following:
- Registered runners (that means you) should pick up their race package on Thursday and Friday, August 25 - 26th at Crunch Fitness Newport News, 12255 Hornsby Lane, Newport News, VA 23602 from Noon to 5pm.
Day-of-Event: Bib pick up will be available at the Race Tents (look for the Share HEART in Africa logo on the tent) at the Mariners' Museum Park beginning at 7:00 a.m. We highly encourage all runners to pick up their bibs on Friday.
- The 10K will begin at 8:30 a.m.
-The 1 mile and 1/2 Mile fun run/walk at 8:45a.m.
-The 5K at 9:30am. Please allocate plenty of time to arrive.
- All racers will sign a waiver prior to obtaining their bib. If you are under 18, you must have a legal guardian to co-sign the waiver with you.
- Please wear appropriate running shoes.
- There will be water stops/hand off around the route and at the finish line. Please hydrate adequately beforehand, carb load and get plenty of sleep.
- Racers will run once around a loop to the finish line.
We are really looking forward to this event. Travel safe and we'll see you on Saturday, August 29th.
Thank you for your support,
Share HEART in Africa, Inc.
Share HEART in Africa