All fees are non-refundable
The 24 HOURS of EROCK, wants you, the racer, to be unencumbered by an over abundance of rules and have adopted these “simple rules” used by our friends at the 18 Hrs of Fruita.
1. Racers may choose to ride in any order and may change the order at any time.
2. Racers must check-in after each lap.
3. Riders may continue on for more than 1 lap but must check-in after each lap.
4. Each team member must complete at least one lap or the team will be disqualified.
5. Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex.
6. Racers must display their race number on their bike at all times.
7. Teams are required to provide their own hydration system and lighting system throughout the event.
8. No course support will be provided by the event.
9. Water and food may be supplied to any racer, at the transition area, as long as the racer and support is off the course and does not interfere with the race. Interference with other racers will result in disqualification.
10. Lapped racers must yield. Please be vocal as it’s the responsibility of the challenging racer to overtake safely. Racers being lapped must yield as soon as safely possible.
11. Lights must be turned-on at 8 PM, Friday.
12. Short cutting the course is not allowed. This will result in immediate disqualification.
13. Quiet hours will be imposed from 11 pm until 7 a.m. During this time, noise must be kept to a minimum.
14. Order of finish is determined by number of laps, then by time.
15. Once results are posted, teams will have 15 minutes to challenge results at which time they will become official. We recommend that you monitor your team’s progress and compare it with the “official scorers” as the event is progressing to avoid any problems at the conclusion.
16.One person must be designated as the Captain of the team to ensure the team is registered correctly (information is correct), and to deal with event officials in the event of problems or concerns.
17. The event director has final say in any ruling, including rulings made by staff/volunteers.
Additional rules or changes may be added as questions arise, so please continue to check this site for updates.
For safety reasons, the event reserves the right to cancel or change a portion of the course, pause or cancel the event if inclement weather or dangerous conditions exist. If cancelled, final results will be based on completed laps at the time the event was called.
TIMING & RESULTS
Finish Order is determined by number of laps, then time. Teams/Solo’s must complete their race within the 24 hour time limit-any laps finished after the 24 hour time limit WILL NOT count toward the total. No laps may start after the official finishing hour. Teams and solo’s may choose to stop and rest at anytime during the event but must re-enter where they originally exited. The team/solo (in its category) with the most laps is first. If teams have the same number of laps, the team that took less time within the above guidelines, wins.
Solo’s and teams may complete their race at any time during the 24 Hrs and will be credited with laps completed to that point to determine placing. Solo’s and teams do not have to finish within the above time constraints but must ride at least 6 laps to qualify for awards.
Numbers may not be cut, folded, altered or defaced in any way. The event uses dispoable timing chips. All protests must be filed within 15 minutes of preliminary results posting. All signed, official results are FINAL. No protests will be accepted, nor will results be adjusted after the event. Athletes must be in attendance at the awards ceremony to receive their medals and prizes. Awards will not be mailed. Printed results will be overall places and lap times (but will not include specific rider times-please keep track of the laps that you ride in order to determine your lap time). Results be available on the web at www.elephantrockride.com on or after June 2.