- Ages: 3-5 years
- Ratio of 4 participants-to-1 instructor
This class is for beginning swimmers who are comfortable in the water. Students learn basic strokes and skills.
Pre-requisites: Pass Sunfish or ability to perform these skills
- Put face in water
- Perform front and back float 10 seconds with assistance
- Swim 5 yards on front or back with flotation
- Listen and follow directions
- American Red Cross - Level 1
- Foss - Little 2
A TYPICAL CLASS
Students learn basic paddle stroke, kicking skills, and floating with instructor support. Students are also introduced to pool rules and YMCA core values.
Class Length: 30 minutes
- Knowledge of pool rules
- Increased swimming skills
- Readiness for next swim instruction level: Eel/Polliwog