- Ages: 3-5 years
- Ratio of 4 participants-to-1 instructor
This class is for swimmers who are well adjusted to the water and eager to become more independent. Students learn to float on their own and swim longer distances. They also learn more about pool and water safety.
Pre-requisites: Pass Pike or ability to perform these skills
- Front and back float 10 seconds with flotation
- Swim 10 yards on front and back with flotation
- Swim 2 yards on front and back without flotation
- Jump into shallow water and recover to wall, with flotation or instructor support
- American Red Cross - Preschool Level 1
- Foss - Little 2-3
A TYPICAL CLASS
Students learn to float on their own and swim longer distances. They also learn more about pool and water safety.
Class Length: 30 minutes
- Knowledge of pool and water safety
- Increased swimming skills
- Readiness for next swim instruction level: Ray/Trout