Welcome to the Moab Triathlon Festival! You will find something for everyone at this two-day event! Trail run, road triathlons, XTERRA Full and Sport triathlons, and a Kids Triathlon! Two- and three-person relay teams are welcome in all XTERRA and Road triathlons!
- If you are out for a true trail run, the Moab Trail Run 5K is perfect! The run will on the trail to Faux Falls and back, the same course that will be used for the triathlon events.
- The XTERRA Moab Full Triathlon starts with a 1500M swim in Ken';s Lake, a 40K Bike on the world-famous Steelbender trail, and a two-loop 10K run to Faux Falls finishing at the day use area of Ken';s Lake. It is highly recommended you pre-ride the bike course as it will require both technical skill and strength.
- The XTERRA Moab Sport Triathlon will travel the same trails, only half the distances.
- The Moab Road Olympic Triathlon will start with the same 1500M swim in Ken';s Lake, a 40K Bike on Spanish Valley Drive with an out-and-back leg to Pack Creek Ranch, and finish with the same two-loop 10K run to Faux Falls and finishing at the day use area of Ken';s Lake.
- The Moab Road Sprint Triathlon will also travel the same road to Pack Creek Ranch with the swim, bike and run all half the distances of the Olympic triathlon.
- The Moab Kids Triathlon (ages 7-10) will start with a 25M swim, 1.5 mile bike, and a 1/2 mile run. The older kids (ages 11-14) participating in the Moab Kids Triathlon will swim 200M, bike 6K, and finish with a 1 mile run.
Friday, May 13th
6:00-9:00pm - Packet pickup
7:00pm - Moab Trail Run 5K
Saturday, May 14th
8:00am - XTERRA Full waves begin
~8:30am - XTERRA Sport waves begin
~9:00am - Olympic Road waves begin
~9:30am - Sprint Road waves begin
~12:00pm - Kids Triathlon
5:00pm - Awards ceremony in Downtown Moab
The Moab Triathlon Festival is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event.
Awards will be given to the Top 3 overall and Top 3 in each age group of each event. Electronic chip timing will be provided.
Visit http://www.triutah.com for more information.