It doesn't get any simpler than this: join us for a fun run/walk...then drink beer ...all while raising money for local nonprofit Bolder Options!
Registrants gather at the brand new Day Block Brewery in Downtown Minneapolis near the new Viking Stadium to start and will be navigated along a 5k route through downtown, the neighborhoods & parks around the Brewery. When finishing, you will be rewarded with a FREE freshly brewed Day Block beer and a collectors glass!
This will be an OPEN course, meaning roads will not be closed. There will be volunteers directing you along the course.
First one accross the Finish line wins the Golden Growler, good for one free Growler of Beer to take home with you!
Registration is limited to 150 people ONLY! You must bring a valid ID to check-in & get your free beer.
Let's consider this an "Un-Race" as it goes against many principles of those fancy 5k races around the Lakes of Minneapolis or along the River by Harriet Island in St. Paul that you may be familiar with.
- This is not timed
- You will not get a medal when you finish
- There will not be t-shirts given away
You can run, jog, or walk - your choice, no one cares!!!! The only advantages of finishing quicker is colder beer!
What you will get is:
- A FREE BEER! and a FREE Collectors Beer Glass
- A fun time!
- A friendly run/jog/walk with other great people through a neat Minneapolis neighborhood!
- A warm-fuzzy feeling that a portion of this events proceeds will be donated to a local non-profit Bolder Options!
- and, the first one accross the finish line wins the GOLDEN GROWLER, redeemable for a free growler of beer to take home with you!
Have fun & drink responsibily. There will not be bag checks at the event.
Parking: We always encourage carpooling of course! There is parking around the Brewery on streets nearby and in parking lots/ramps. Allow for time to park.
Event details and schedule
5k Fun run/walk starts at 11am sharp. Arrive around 10:30am to ensure adequate time checking in and to participant in pre-race festivities!
Don't forget to bring some $$$ - there will be merchandise for sale, Food Trucks, and you can purchase additional beers beyond the one you get for FREE (of course)!