- Race Results
It doesn't get any simpler than this: join us for a fun run/walk...then drink beer at one of the newest taprooms in town...all while raising money for local nonprofit Bolder Options! Finishers will also have the opportunity to go on a tour of the Brewery.
Registrants gather at Boom Island Brewery to start and will be navigated along a 5k route through the neighborhoods & parks around the Brewery. When finishing, you will be rewarded with a FREE freshly brewed Boom Island beer and a collectors glass!
This will be an OPEN course, meaning roads will not be closed. There will be volunteers directing you along the course.
First one accross the Finish line wins the Golden Growler, good for one free Growler of Beer to take home with you!
Registration is limited to 75 people ONLY! You must bring a valid ID to check-in & get your free beer.
Let's consider this an "Un-Race" as it goes against many principles of those fancy 5k races around the Lakes of Minneapolis or along the River by Harriet Island in St. Paul that you may be familiar with.
- This is not timed
- You will not get a medal when you finish
- There will not be t-shirts given away
You can run, jog, or walk - your choice, no one cares!!!! The only advantages of finishing quicker is colder beer!
What you will get is:
- A FREE BEER! and a FREE Collectors Beer Glass
- A fun time! And an opportunity for a tour of the Brewery.
- A friendly run/jog/walk with other great people through a neat Minneapolis neighborhood!
- A warm-fuzzy feeling that a portion of this events proceeds will be donated to a local non-profit Bolder Options!
- and, the first one accross the finish line wins the GOLDEN GROWLER, redeemable for a free growler of beer to take home with you!
Have fun & drink responsibily. There will not be bag checks at the event.
Parking: We always encourage carpooling or public transit of course! There is pay-for street parking around the brewery.
Event schedule and times
5k Fun run/walk starts at 11am sharp. Arrive around 10:30am to ensure adequate time checking in and to participant in pre-race festivities!
Don't forget to bring some $$$ - there will be merchandise for sale, Food Trucks, and you can purchase additional beers beyond the one you get for FREE (of course)!
Map & Direction
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Boom Island Brewery 2014 Washington Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55411Get Directions