The Central Iowa Art Association is a Nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to enriching the Central Iowa Community through teaching and providing awareness in fine arts.
Since 1946, the CIAA has been serving the Marshalltown area by providing art classes and workshops for all ages, as well as hosting special events. Check our website http://www.centraliowaartassiation.org for current event and class listings.
Volunteers are always needed. If you like art, helping children, are good at hosting a party, decorating, folding newsletters, answering the phone, or just being friendly we could use your help!
Why is art so important?
Some may think supporting the arts is frivolous when there are so many more important things in this world needing attention, but research shows that art has many unexpected benefits for the participants and for the society at large.
Participating in the arts nurtures cognitive, social and personal competencies by:
* INCREASE academic achievement
* DECREASE delinquent behavior involvement
* IMPROVE attitude toward self and others
* IMPROVE critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
* IMPROVE communication, interpretation and understanding complex symbols skills
* As do language and math!
* DEVELOP higher order thinking skills: Analysis, Synthesis and Evaluation
* DEVELOP imagination and judgement
* OVERCOME disadvantaged backgrounds
* DEVELOP relationships and LEARN via mentors
Central Iowa Art Association