Charleston Marathon, Half-Marathon, Shrimp and Grits 5k, 20, 40 and 60 mile bike ride and Youth Marathon. Join us to run in America's most beautiful city!
Benefits the Youth Endowment for the Arts (YEA). YEA works to support equitable, quality fine arts programming for Charleston Area Children. Fine arts are proven factor to academic success for at-risk youth.
- Marathon is Boston Qualifier
- Local music and performance groups along the course
- Aid stations and medical support throughout the course
Long-sleeved Tech shirt featuring a local Charleston Artist
Free Shrimp and Grits and beer (over 21) at finish line
Commemorative Charleston medal for all finishers
- Indoor, climate controlled Packet Pick-up and Health and Fitness Expo
- Indoor restroom facilities at the start and finish
- Optional Refund insurance through 365 Competitor
- New chip timing using Jaguar system no mats!
- Awards are 5 deep in age categories
- Finish line celebration with live entertainment
- Kids fun area at Youth Marathon and at Finish Line celebration
Youth Marathon Registration: When asked, Please be sure to complete the registration under the parent or legal guardians name (Do not select Register someone under the age of 18). The childs information will be asked later in the registration process. Thanks!
Course Time Limits:
Marathon: 6.5 hours. All runners must finish the full marathon within the 6.5 hour time limit in order to receive an official time and a finisher's medal. This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants.
Half Marathon: Half Marathon participants must be able to run or speed walk the first 8 miles of the course no slower than a rate of 4 mph to exit the City of Charleston by 10:00 am (2 hours). This will be strictly enforced by local authorities, for the health and safety of our participants, as the course will be open to traffic.
Shrimp & Grits 5k: The Shrimp & Grits 5k has no time limit and is open to walkers and runners of all levels.
Marathon & Half Starts in Charleston near Burke Middle High School - 244 President Street Charleston, SC 29403 and ends near North Charleston High School 1087 East Montague Avenue North Charleston, SC 29405
Shrimp & Grits 5k begins and ends near North Charleston High School 1087 East Montague Avenue North Charleston, SC 29405
Bike ride starts and ends at Mamie Whitesides Elementary at 1565 Rifle Range Rd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Youth Marathon starts and ends near Burke Middle High School 244 President Street Charleston, SC 29403
Event schedule and times
3 Day event Overview
Friday, January 18, 2013
- 11:00am-8:00pm Health and Fitness Expo/Packet Pick-up/Late Registration
- 5:00pm-8:00pm Pre-Race Dinner with local student and community entertainment
Saturday, January 19, 2013
- 8:00am - Half and Full Marathon
- 8:15am - Shrimp & Grits 5k
Sunday, January 20, 2013
- 8:30am - Bike Ride 20, 40 or 60 mile