2013 Volkswagen City of Angels Fun Ride
Start: Sunday, April 14, 2013 @ 7:30 AM (PDT)
Los Angeles , CA 90012
Registration Closing Date
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 @ 11:59 PM (PDT)
See Los Angeles like you've never seen it before - on bike! The route will be 51 miles for the advanced ride and 32 miles for the recreational ride. Separate ride and routes for recreational & advanced rides. Speed will be controlled by the LAPD special event motors...recreational ride at 10-13 mph and advanced ride at 15-18 mph.
Two Ride Options
* One for advanced riders who can maintain a pace of 15-18+ mph average for 51 miles.
* One for recreational riders who can maintain a more moderate pace of 10-13 mph average for 32 miles.
* Both ride options will have a rolling closure provided by LAPD Special event motors. All riders must follow instructions as given by the officers. * No riders are allowed to pass the front motor officers.
* If you cannot maintain the pace you have two options:
1) Continue on the route on your own, you must follow all normal traffic laws and signals. 2) Be picked up by SAG bus and return to start/finish area.
The route includes over 65 scenic, historic and cultural sites in and around Los Angeles.* FREE VIP Parking for Volkswagen Drivers, who pre-register. Space is limited and available on a first come first served basis.
* Free Parking in Elysian Park next to Police Academy. Follow the traffic volunteers to free parking close to the ride start/finish.
* All riders must sign the ride liability waiver on the application or prior to the ride.
* Minors will be mailed a ride waiver that must be signed by a parent or guardian prior to the ride.Bring signed Ride Liability Waiver to ride registration, do not mail.
* All pre-registered riders should check the winners board after the ride on Sunday, to see if they have won a prize. More raffle prizes will be give during lunch and after the ride at the Police Academy.
* Prizes can be claimed after the ride.
* Entry fee includes a finisher s medal, t-shirt & lunch.
* Start/Finish line is at the Los Angeles Police Academy in Elysian Park, right behind Dodger Stadium.