- Race Results
Course Description and Statement of Need
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) remains a major health problem domestically and globally today. In recent years there have been significant developments in diagnostic as well as therapeutic modalities for management of SCA. The overall goal of this program is to provide clinically relevant, state of the art information to healthcare providers regarding the management of SCA with a particular emphasis on risk stratification and resuscitation techniques. Special care has been taken to provide attendees with the opportunity to learn from and interact with individuals who are experts in the field of SCA. Attendees of the symposium will enhance their understanding of the diagnosis, triage, immediate management and tertiary referral of patients at risk for SCA and sudden cardiac death.
This program is offered for continuing medical education of practicing physicians involved in the care and treatment of patients with heart rhythm disorders, including cardiologists, internists, physicians-in-training and allied healthcare professionals.
- Identify the major causes and risk factors of sudden cardiac arrest
- Apply appropriate follow-up strategies for patients with implantable defibrillators
- Discuss the status of using personalized approaches towards management of sudden cardiac arrest
- Appropriately identify patients at risk for SCA that may benefit from advanced management
- Learn about the newest developments in the field of sudden cardiac arrest resuscitation
- Identify the optimal approach to management ofthe survivor of sudden cardiac arrest
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing MedicalEducation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRACategory 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent oftheir participation in the activity.
The California State Board of Registered Nursing accepts courses approved by the ACCME forcategory 1 credit as meeting the continuing education requirements for license renewal.
Map & Direction
Friday, December 7, 2012 @ 8:00 AM (PST)
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Harvey Morse Auditorium 8701 Gracie Allen Drive Los Angeles, CA 90048Get Directions