My non-traditional approach is especially appealing to people who relate to one or more of the following:
· I have just a little or no piano experience.
· ·I struggled previously with traditional lessons.
· I want to play just for myself or at casual parties, sing-alongs, church.
· ·I quit lessons because it was too hard/frustrating/couldn?t play hands together/wasn?t allowed to play music of my own choosing?
· ·I read music well, but I can't play a note without a written page in front of me
· I want to play with and without sheet music, and/or ?lead sheets?.
Play first ? read notes a little later, after you are able to get around on the keys, playing music that sounds good. You?ll discover what makes music ?tick? by experiencing it. It?s not mysterious! You will be guided through a wonderful musical journey where your hands will play your heart through Pop, Blues, Gospel, Classical, Accompaniments, Composition and Improvisation your first semester.
Foundation material kits including CD and DVD are $55 once per semester. Accessory kits, less than the Foundation kits, vary in price and are usually not introduced in the first semester. Payment for the kits are directly to the instructor. You will be contacted by me as soon as you are enrolled.
A 10% discount is offered if making a full payment for the entire semester. Otherwise, class may be paid in monthly installments.