I am 3rd Winter/Spring Tennis 2013
Start: Monday, March 4, 2013
Lexington , KY 40502
Registration Closing Date
Friday, February 1, 2013 @ 9:00 PM (EST)
About I am 3rd Sports Ministries:
I am 3rd is one piece of the overall recreation ministries at Centenary Church. I am 3rd is based on a simple belief: Christ is First, Others are Second, I am 3rd. Through basketball, soccer, dance, equine, tennis and a variety of other sports, camps, and recreation activities, I am 3rd works to foster the athletic and spiritual development of all involved.
At the heart of our ministry are several key convictions including a belief that sports and recreation activities can:
- Improve physical health in a God honoring way.
- Enable a more holistic way of serving God with our lives.
- Supply opportunities to build life-giving relationships.
- Provide an excellent atmosphere for growth in faith.
- Reflect and teach biblical values.
- Teach participants that winning and losing is a part of life. The key is developing good sportsmanship.
- Enable a more holistic way of serving God.
Last season was our first season of I am 3rd Tennis and we had over 130 kids participate! I am 3rd Tennis was created and designed to introduce children and youth to tennis & advancement in skills. All participants will learn the fundamentals of tennis through the Quickstart program. Quickstart, is a creative childrens’ tennis program that’s specifically designed for children 10-and-under. Quickstart helps aid children in learning how to play tennis by using smaller courts, smaller rackets, and a slower ball. Katie Grier and Joanne Whalen will direct our I am 3rd Tennis Program again this season and we are blessed to have them back.
Important League Dates:
Coaches’ Training - February 12th - 6:00pm
- Required for all I am 3rd coaches
- Meeting will be held in the chapel/gym at Centenary
Practices Begin: Week of February 18th
- Teams will practice once/week 1hr/week: M or T
- 1 practice/training day will take place Saturday 2/23 from 9-11 am (More info about this will be given at parents meeting.)
- Practices will take place at Centenary Church
Matches Begin: March 4th
- Beginning 3/4 practices will be 30 min before matches
- Matches will last approx. 45 min after practice - Season ends on 3/26
Must be 18 or older (or accompanied by an adult); recruit an assistant coach; attend all games & practices; love Christ & kids! No Tennis.
For More Information Contact:
I am 3rd Recreation Director
Centenary United Methodist Church
(859) 269-2800 x260