The 13th Annual La Jolla Cove 10 Mile Relay will be held on Sunday, September 29th. Swim it solo, or organize a team of up to 5 swimmers, give your team a cool name, and enjoy La Jolla Cove and the spirit of giving with this unique event and fundraiser.
- This is a 10 mile relay swim race (or for the solo swimmers, simply a 10 mile swim). Teams of up to 5 swimmers will swim a total of 10 miles, presumably 2 miles each. Teams with fewer than 5 swimmers must also complete the full 10 miles.
- Swimmers must swim at least 1 mile before being relieved by the next swimmer at the water's edge. Any swimmer may swim 2 or more miles for their team.
- Teams may divide up the laps and the order of the swim any way they wish. Two swimmers from the same team cannot swim at the same time and count that as multiple laps.
- The hand-off between team members is via a hand-slap. The start time of the next swimmer is the same as the finish time of the previous swimmer. The finishing lap swimmer is responsible for communication of start and finish of the lap.
- Timekeepers will record lap times for each swimmer and team. Information will be posted on the wall behind the lifeguard station.
- The course is a triangular 1 mile lap around marked buoys.
- Swimmers may wear wetsuits, fins, masks, and snorkels, but will only be considered for the combined age category team awards and not eligible for Top Male, Top Female, or Solo Team category awards.
- For teams with less than 5 members, the total combined age category will be the average age of your members multiplied by 5.
Event schedule and times
Check-in is 6:00 – 6:45AM at La Jolla Cove
Race Starts at 7:00AM – have your first swimmer ready and on the beach