Colleen's BA 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk is an annual event established in memory of Colleen Mitchel, who was born with liver disease (biliary atresia or BA) and died in 2013 at 19 years old from complications due to liver disease, while awaiting another liver transplant. Proceeds support biliary atresia research at Johns Hopkins Pediatric Liver Center in Baltimore, Maryland,and help promote organ donation awareness in our community.
Event details and schedule
Student (ages 5-22) and Active Military Rate
Individual Rate, including member of a Team
(Online Registration closes on June 2 -- *Rate increases on Run Day to $40)
|$60||Family Rate (3 or more runners/walkers)|
|Free||Children under 5|
- Event held rain or shine!
- Discount available for families, students and active military!
- Strollers, wheelchairs, and dogs on a leash are welcome in the 1 mile Fun Run/Walk
- 5K will be timed but this Run is not certified
- 5K Prizes will be awarded!
- Celebration following Run/Walk at Grace Episcopal Day School!
- Great Raffle with $5 tickets! Dinners, flowers, cupcakes, facials, and much, much more!
- Sorry, no refunds for cancellations or no shows
Teams for the 5K
Gather your friends (minimum of 4 people) and create a name for your team. Each teammate must register individually for Colleen's BA 5K and list the Team Name in the field provided. Be sure the Team Name is listed exactly the same on each team member's registration. Teams can be formed for the 5K Run only. Prize awarded to the team with the fastest member!
Thank You For Your Participation! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEFORE YOU REGISTER, PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE:
1. Active.com invites you to Sign Up for Free Newsletters.
You can click OFF the black boxes to the left of those invitations.
2. Active.com invites you to subscribe to magazines.
You can skip past that section.
3. Active.com invites you to Protect Your Registration Fees by buying event insurance. The YES bar is orange, and the NO is right below.
You can click NO.
4. Active.com invites you to buy a subscription to Active Advantage.
YES is in big letters, and NO is in small letters in a grey box.
You can click NO.
Colleen Mitchel Memorial Fund