You can register the day of the event starting at 4 pm. A nighttime bicycle tour of up to 20 miles on well-lit roads beginning and ending at IUPUI's Carroll Stadium in downtown Indianapolis!
- Best City Tour in America: The N.I.T.E. Ride was named "Best City Tour" in a national competition of cycling events "BEST BIKING IN AMERICA!"
- The Ride: The N.I.T.E. Ride (Navigate Indy This Evening) starts at 11pm and follows a course of up to 20 miles on well-lit streets through downtown Indianapolis, the feature event in a day full of bicycling!!
- The Route: We will pass through the IUPUI campus, past the Indiana Government Center and the State Capitol Building, do a lap around Monument Circle, continue up through the Near Northside and the Butler University campus, tour the White River Parkway, and then return to the IUPUI campus.
- The Party: Post-ride live music with the INDIANAPOLIS JAZZ ORCHESTRA, plenty of free food, and a chance to relax and visit with other N.I.T.E. riders!
FEATURES: Check out the full day of bicycling events!
- Morning Club Ride: Free Saturday Morning Bicycle Tour - 8:00 AM Join in a regular CIBA club ride, always free and open to the public, at the Major Taylor Velodrome (3649 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis, 46222). This morning's route has multiple distances from about 16 to 55 miles; free snacks and water at rest stops every 15-20 miles.
- Dinner Ride: 5:00 PM - Come along for another free group ride of 16-20 miles which will have a dinner stop in an area packed with over 40 restaurants (!) during the ride. Dinner, on your own expense, may range from $5 - $12 or more.
- See Downtown Indy: Come Downtown and see the beautiful IUPUI campus, enjoy the Indy Greenways and the new Cultural Trail, visit museums, watch an IMAX movie, stroll the Indianapolis Zoo, take in a Indianapolis Indians AAA Baseball game, shop Circle Center Mall, and more!
- Special Edition N.I.T.E. Ride T-Shirt
- Bicycling Merchandise SALE
- L.I.T.E. UP YOUR BIKE Contest
- Great Giveaways
- Rest Stop at Butler University - Drinks and Snacks
- After-Ride Party - Free Dinner & LIVE MUSIC with the INDIANAPOLIS JAZZ ORCHESTRA!!
HELMETS and HEADLIGHTS are REQUIRED to participate in this event! (Both will be on sale at the event.)
**NOTE** YOU MUST BE 16 YEARS OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE!!!
(Children under 16 may ride on a tandem or a trail-a-bike/trailer attachment to a bicycle operated by an adult cyclist.)
Event schedule and times
8:00AM Regular club ride hosted by Central Indiana Bicycling Assoc. 17-50+ miles, open to public, free of charge
4:00PM - 10:00PM Registration and Check-in. Food, cycling EQ / apparel, bike repair, cycling org displays, more!
5:00PM - 7:30PM Dinner Ride, 19 miles, open to public, free of charge
10:00PM REGISTRATION CLOSES
11:00PMN.I.T.E. Ride Begins
12:30AM - 2:00AM Post-Ride Party
2:00 AMHave a safe trip home !!