- Race Results
2013 NBTA Northeast Regional Baton Twirling Championships
Start: Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 7:00 AM (EDT)
Holyoke Community College 303 Homestead Avenue
Holyoke , MA 01040
Holyoke , MA 01040
Registration Closing Date
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 @ 2:59 AM (EDT)
Sanction # 664, 665
NORTHEAST REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
NORTHEAST OPEN TOURNAMENT
Beautiful 32' High Triple Gym
Long Distance Judges
Miss Majorette of America Hostess
6th Annual Twirling Clinic
Learn from the best! For twirlers of all ability levels: Novice to Super Advanced. After a weekend of friendly competition at Northeast Regionals, learn cool tricks and material to perfect over the summer from visiting national champions. Clinic will be held 1 hour prior to Awards Ceremony on Sunday.
You MUST review your registration carefully! Confirm that there is NO ERROR in the processing of the registration, either the payment method or the registration itself. Double check: > contest age--check the year, > age group, > ability level, > double entered events--none allowed for Regional events, and > eligibility--Nov, Beg, Int soloists 10 yrs. and older may NOT enter Adv Regional Solo to qualify for National Majorette EXCEPT if self-advancing.
SPECIAL OPEN EVENTS
> Regional Wars - A 3-part open event will be held for Adv, Int & Beg twirlers from the Northeast and visiting regions. Twirlers will compete in solo (40%) (which determines status), strut (40%), and 2-baton (20%). Solo breaks ties. > Boston Beanpot Challenge Twirl-off - First place Open Solo winners from all age divisions in Nov, Beg, Int & Adv will retwirl on Sunday afternoon to compete in the Boston Beanpot Challenge. Special award for each twirl-off winner.
REGIONAL TITLES QUALIFYING FOR NATIONALS
> Top 8 Adv Reg Solo Finalists in Pre-teen, Jr & Sr divisions qualify for National Majorette Championships> Top 3 Adv Reg Miss Majorette Royalty qualify for Miss Majorette of America Pageant> First place Beg & Int Reg Pageant Winners qualify for National Pageant> Open to Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts & Rhode Island Athletes
1. Individual, Duets and Trios registration-online only. Team entries-U.S.mail only. 2. No late entries. No refunds after deadline.3. By submission of your entry form, Contestant/Coach/Parent agree to not use the words "Miss Majorette of the Northeast" or "Champion" in any publicity involving any status level win other than Advanced.4. Facility fee of $25 per contestant. Only one charge per family. (reduced for team only twirlers)
MORE GENERAL INFO 1
5. All 2013 NBTA solo and team rules are in effect. No gymnastics.6. Nov Basic Skills Pageant is open to Nov contestants only. Twirl status determines eligibility. 20% Modeling in costume (brief interview), 40% Basic March, 40% Solo.7. New 2011 rule: Novice contestants permitted to enter Beginner Pageant without loss of solo novice status. 1st place win overall &/or 1st in Beg Pag Solo automatically & permanently advances contestant to beginner solo status except if protection rule applied.
MORE GENERAL INFO 2
8. Special Novice Solo-Never won 1st in solo; win does not count toward advancement. 9. Baby Basic, Best Appearing & Solo - ages 4 & under. All will receive a prize.10. Food will be served throughout the competition. No outside food allowed. Per school, no unauthorized cooking on school grounds.11. Twirling Supplies will be available.
MORE GENERAL INFO 3
12. Contestants are responsible for reporting to their lanes on time. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. No refunds.13. Only contestants and officials permitted on competition floor.14. Contestants are responsible for damage to the building and grounds. Property taken into the building at own risk. Holyoke Community College, contest directors & officials are not responsible for loss, accidents, or injury.
MORE GENERAL INFO 4
15. Reverse order of entry; first received will be last on.16. Open College Ms Maj Style Solo - offered for those preparing for College Miss Majorette of America. (non sanctioned)17. Double Entering is permitted in all OPEN events.18. Adv Queens model in dress/gown, Beg Queens model in costume. Queen is a modeling only event, not a multi-part pageant.
MORE INFO 5
19. Backup Music-We will accept a cd for show twirl, rhythmic & team music, however it is the twirler's/coach's responsibility to have a backup cassette tape in the case of the cd not being read. MP3 players may be utilized under some conditions as a backup. Music must be cued. (& MP3 players charged)
MORE INFO 6
20. NBTA Rule: In State, Regional & National competition, an individual may compete as a member of a Beginner team or as a member of an Advanced team, but not both regardless of size and age category.21. We advise all to set up a log-in profile on Active.com when doing online registrations so that you will be able to return to the registration at a later date for reference.22. Incorrect spelling of names on Registration are not the responsibility of contest directors/officials.
> Write your own "Good Luck" ad for a special twirler or team for the official "Northeast Championships Program Book." Create your camera-ready ad on white paper (black ink), scaled to size. Send ad in PDF, JPG or DOC format via email to email@example.com; hardcopy via U.S.mail to K.Ochs, 23 Harvard St, S.Hadley, MA 01075.
> Traveling Plaque awarded to Sr Adv Reg Solo Champion> Gangi Traveling Trophy awarded to Sr Adv Reg Miss Majorette> Dorothy Barry Memorial Traveling Trophy--Regional Team Award> Bernice Serafino Memorial Regional Good Sportsmanship Award
Saturday--doors open at 7 am; modeling starts at 8 am; followed by all X-Struts, Nov Pageant Basic March and performance by Miss Majorette of America Hostess followed by teams in afternoon; Sunday - doors open at 7:30 am; Basic, Military & Show Twirl at 8 am; followed at 9:30 am by solos, 2 baton, 3 baton, duets & trios, rhythmic twirl & collegiate half-time; followed by special performance by Miss Majorette of America Hostess and Awards Presentation.
From East or West: Take Rt 90 (Mass Pike) to I-91 North, Take Exit 16, and left onto Cherry Street (Route 202), Left at first light onto Homestead Avenue, Right at flashing yellow light. Follow signs to Bartley Athletic Center. Entrance & parking at lower level.
Hampton Inn, 20 Phoenix Ave, Enfield, CT 06082.15 miles from contest on Rt. 91; Group Discount Rate: $110 plus tax; Reserve early!Rate includes on the run hot breakfast, free wireless, indoor pool, nearby mall and restaurants. For group rate call: 860-741-3111, ask for Northeast Twirling Championships Rate, Cut-off date: April 18 or when room block is full!
Closest: Bradley Airport, Hartford, CT
Custom printed Event Shirts & Apparel will be available at the contest, along with Twirling Supplies from a variety of vendors.
Register all siblings together by clicking on button "Register Another Child."DO NOT use this to REGISTER NON-SIBLINGS in the same transaction.