Are you ready for Hilton Head Island's only margarita running event! This event is for those runners that want a slightly different challenge to their normal run – or, for those margarita lovers that may have a running problem. Whatever motivates you – come out and see how fast you can run 1 MILE and drink 4 margaritas (4oz) (or, come out and see what someone looks like when running after 4 margaritas).
WHAT: The MARGARITA MILE
(Format – drink one 4oz margarita then run 1/4 mile – repeat 4 times)
WHEN: Saturday, April 30 - 3pm
WHERE: San Miguel's Restaurant - Hilton Head Island
WHY: Running without drinking is just too easy (not)!
HOW: Entry Fee $25 Individual / $30 Team of 2 (includes 4 margaritas & Tshirt)
WHO: Individual & Team Divisions - Anyone 21yrs or older – STRICTLY ENFORCED
RULES to get in the game
- You MUST be 21 years or older to participate.
- You MUST provide for and name a designated driver that is responsible for transporting you after the event.
RULES of the competition (*Note: Race Officials may take liberty to modify below rules based on our unique location).
- Each competitor drinks four margaritas (4oz) and runs four laps on a track.
Start – margarita/lap, margarita/lap, margarita/lap, margarita/lap – Finish
- Teams (2 ppl) – each team competitor drinks two margaritas and runs two laps on a track (or 1/4mi.).
Start – Team Member #1 – margarita/lap, margarita/lap – TAG – Team Member #2 – margarita/lap, margarita/lap – Finish
- Margarita must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area.
(The 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.)
- The race begins with the drinking of the first margarita in the last meter of the transition zone.
This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
- Competitors must drink prepared margaritas (4oz) and the contents will be no less than 4oz.
- Margaritas must not be tampered with in any manner.
- Each margarita can must not be consumed until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
- Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race.
Immediately after the completion of their 4th lap.