As with all Cycle to Farm events, the first in the Triangle will provide participants with a tour of local farms by bicycle, stunning scenery of this beautiful area, tasty food samples crafted by the farms, and products for sale at every farm (including at the Finish, RambleRill Farm). And of course the Fabulous After Party. Specifically:
In addition to the great Farm Stops, we’re going to take care of you, so you can challenge your abilities and stay safe.
This is what you can expect:
- Free local coffee at the Start
- Bike mechanic support at the Start
- SAG (Support and Gear) Vehicles on course (to help and give you a ride back if necessary)
- Fire/EMS personnel on the course (motorcycles, vehicles)
- Well-marked route
- And if all else fails, you'll be provided a detailed cue sheet of the route as well
- Totally useful “musette bag” suitable for a feed zone on the Tour de France, or shopping at your tailgate market (it holds your stuff, and folds up small for travel, with a tiny carabiner)
- Various goodies from Sponsors
- Coupons for discounts and freebies from Sponsors
Metric Century - Approximately 60 miles through beautiful Orange County on (mostly) low-traffic roads
- Flat and fast route
- Approximate total elevation gain 2,700 feet
- Almost all rural farm land
Route map and cue sheet available at packet pick-up.
INNOVATIVE FARM STOPS
What you know of as conventional "Rest Stop" has been transformed into a Farm Stop:
- Located every 10-15 miles
- Tasty samples crafted by the farmers (no charge - these are included in the Registration Fee)
- Great bike food too (fruit, bananas, PB&J, etc.)
- Farmers available to answer your questions about their products and their Farm
- Buy anything you like on the spot; it will be delivered to you at the Finish (no delivery charge)
Descriptions of each participating Farm will be available soon - see the website.
FABULOUS AFTER PARTY
Cycle to Farm events are renowned for the yummy farm-to-table meal at the Finish. You'll be joined by the volunteers, as well as some of the Farmers and sponsors, in celebration not only of your ride, but of the community that provides us with local food and a great event.
- Locally-sourced and produced farm-to-table meal (no charge - included in the Registration Fee)
- Live music entertainment
- Tours of RambleRill Farm
- Beer available for purchase
- Note that no extra meals will be sold after April 22, 2014. Meals for spouses/family/friends are available - $14 adults / $7 kids (12 and under)
- Massage available ($1/minute)
- More swag offered by Sponsors
- Representatives from Farmer Foodshare to answer your questions about their work (they receive the net profits from this event)
KEEPIN’ IT SMALL
- No more than 300 riders
- Safety improved with a smaller number of riders on the roads
- Taste your samples without excessive crowds at the Farm Stops
- Ensures that the smaller Farms have enough product inventory for sale
And keeps the Fabulous After Party community-sized, instead of a zoo!
NOTE All non-rider meals must be purchased before April 22, 2014. No meals will be sold at the party.
Event schedule and times
Friday, May 2, 2014 – PACKET PICK UP
The Clean Machine 104 West Main St Carrboro NC
4:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Stop by to get your bib number and your rider goodie bag; avoid the lines on Saturday morning.
Registration is closed. No registrations will be taken at packet pick-up.
Be sure to check the Facebook page to confirm that the event is not already sold out (Cycle to Farm events usually sell out in advance of Packet Pickup).
Saturday, May 3, 2014 – START/FINISH
7:00 AM Get Ready
Get there early so that you can enjoy all the fun activities at the Start!
- Packet Pick-up
- Free locally-brewed coffee and snack
- Mechanical support for last-minute bike issues
8:00 AM Ride Start
Fun for Non-Riders – After seeing your cyclist off, take a tour of the RambleRill grounds.
11:00 AM until 5:00 PM Fabulous After Party
A farm-to-table meal is provided to all riders and volunteers at the Fabulous After Party. You must bring your bib number to enter the party.
Sponsors, farmers, and family members are also welcome (meals must be ordered in advance - see below)
The Fabulous After Party also offers:
- Great beer (available for purchase)
- Musical entertainment
- Massage ($1 per minute)
- Pick up your farm purchases
- Tours of RambleRill Farm
Registration is closed and no extra meals will be sold after April 22, 2014.
Farm-to-table meal costs: $14 Adults / $7 Kids (12 and under).
Velo Girl Rides LLC