5 Laughter Yoga Exercises To Release Stress
- Argument Laughter: Voice your discontent in laughter sounds only, or in pig-latin. You can be as passionate as you'd like and point fingers if you want, just don't hit (or even threaten to hit) anything or anybody.
- Credit Card Bill Laughter: Open an imaginary credit card bill (or any other letter that represents a bad news to you) and burst out laughing the second you look at what's inside.
- Electric Shock Laughter: Imagine that everything and everybody you touch gives you a shock of static electricity. Jump backward and laugh each time it happens (make it happen a lot).
- I Don't Know Why I Am Laughing: Laugh (fake is perfectly fine) and shrug your shoulders and make a big smile as you look at yourself in a mirror or anybody else who might be there and try to convey the message with your eyes and body language "I absolutely don't know why I am laughing".
- No Money Laughter: Laugh as turn your pockets inside out looking for money that isn't there.
5 Laughter Yoga Exercises For Children
- Baby Laughter: One person must demonstrate how a baby laughs (take turns!). Everybody else must then do the same things.
- Favorite Animal Laughter: Laugh and behave the way your favorite animal or pet would behave if it was very happy to see you.
- Chicken Laughter: Imagine you are a chicken. First lay 3 eggs in 3 laughs, then laugh with lots of excitement in your voice as you go tell the world about it.
- Jumping Frog: Squat down, hands on the floor between your knees. Jump once saying "ha", then a second time saying "ha ha", a third time saying "ha ha ha", then jump in fast succession laughing a lot.
- Laughter Vowels: Let's learn the laughter vowels! Let's start with "A" as in "hat": Aaaaa ha ha ha ha ha". Next is "E" as in "hen": Eeeee he he he he he. Next is "I" a in "hiccup": Iiiii hi hi hi hi hi. Next is "O" as in "Otto": Ooooo ho ho ho ho ho. Last is "U" as in "soup": Uuuuu hu hu hu hu hu.
5 Laughter Yoga Exercises For Seniors
- Back Pain Laughter: Lean forward and put your hand on your lower back, then laugh as if you could not stand back up.
- Conductor Laughter: Imagine you are a conductor. Direct an imaginary orchestra with enthusiastic arm movements as you sing any song of your choice in laughter sounds only e.g. ho ho ho or "ha ha ha".
- Ear-Wiggle Laughter: Slowly slide your left hand upward along the left side of your head, slowly going over your head as you say an extended "aeeee" sound, then laugh as you wiggle your right ear with your left fingers. Do the same on the other side. Repeat a few times.
- Laughter Pill: Take some laughter pills! Each pill has a unique effect and makes you laugh and jerk in a peculiar way for just a few seconds. Try another one as soon as the effects wear off.
- Vowel Movement Laughter: Have you had your vowel movement today? Laugh in the tonality of the following sounds: Eee Eee Eee Eee! Aye aye aye aye! Ah ah ah ah! Ho ho ho ho! Ooo ooo ooo ooo! Uh uh uh uh!
Sebastien Gendry is the C.E.O. of the American School Of Laughter Yoga and a leading Laughter Yoga expert in the world. A passionate and charismatic individual, he travels over 70,000 miles every year to train several hundred Laughter Yoga Professionals in North America and Europe. He has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show and numerous other national mainstream media. Learn more at http://www.laughteryogaamerica.com