Members save on registration & get special perks. Learn More
Back for our second year in Hampton, Virginia with Boogie Boards. Baggies. Beach Cruisers. Beer!
The Life's A Beach Triathlon is stoked to be the most fun and accessible triathlon! Almost anyone can do it!
Our bodacious course designers will have you "swimming" for 200 yards. Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome! When you exit the water, you'll meet the first of your Life's A Beach Challenges--the Turtle Crawl. You'll wiggle your way up the beach under a net before hitting the Transition Area to hop on your fat-tire bike for 5 miles. That's right, you don't need some skinny-tire, $5,000, aerodynamic speed demon for Life's A Beach! Any fat-tire bike (beach cruisers recommended) will do! After cruisin' on the bike, you're off on a 2-mile beach run for fun in the sun! And, this is where you'll meet two more challenges--our Leapin' Loungers and Totally Tubular (and look for some new "fun" challenges in 2014)--before challenging the Sea Wall limboing across our Life's A Beach finish line.
Want to race with your family? We allow racers down to 9 years old AND you can all sign up for the same starting wave! That's right--start waves are not based on age group--you choose! So, you can also race next to friends and coworkers!
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life's A Beach "transition time" means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode--dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish.
We'll even have a free Hatchling Dash event for the younger kids--so bring along the entire family for some beach fun!
Event Distances (hey, we're beach dudes so these might not be exact)
- Almost Anything Goes Swim--200 yards
- Fat-Tire Bike--5 Miles
- Beach Run--2 Miles
LIfe's A Beach Triathlon Booty
- Awesome LAB T-Shirt
- LAB Temporary Tattoo
- Themed Finisher's Award
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
- Live Music
Official Life's A Beach Triathlon Hampton Host Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
- Great Rates for Friday and Saturday nights
Life's A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- We LOVE our beach environment and recognize and support those who conserve and protect its resources. Because our logo is a sea turtle, we've chosen to support the local turtle watch/walk program at each of our venues (or another local marine conservation/education non-profit if there is no turtle program) with a $1 donation per each paid entry.
NO EVENT REFUNDS. Limited transfers or deferrals may be available up until one month prior to the event.
RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS: may be available if the event is not sold out. Race day entries will be $80 per person. Save money--register early!
Event schedule and times
Friday, June 13
- 4:00pm-8:00pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up Buckroe Beach Park
Saturday, June 14
- 6:30-7:45am Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 6:15-7:45am Transition Area Open/Bike Check-in
- 8:00am First Starting Wave!
- 9:00am Live Music Jammin'
- Hatchling Dash Kids Run: When the last triathletes are finishing
- Awards Ceremony: Approximately 30 minutes after the last finisher
- Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party: Starts as soon as you finish!