We would like to invite you to join our Tacoma Half Marathon/5K Training Group. This is a program that uses tempo runs, easy runs, long runs, intervals, pace training and hill repeats. This training will prepare you for the Walt Disney Half Marathon on January 12, 2013. The complete training is approximately 24 weeks long, starting on Saturday, June 23. This group runs for Hardt Haven Charity, a non profit
Running for a great cause
Jouney to Solidarity- Hardt Haven
HardtHaven is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization in the United States (EIN# 26-1469965) as well as registered N.G.O in Ghana. The HardtHaven vision is nothing less than the transformation of AIDS orphans from hopeless, suffering victims into productive members of their community with an exciting vision for a greater Ghana. We believe that anyone anywhere can help to change these little lives, through the inexpensive care provided by this childrens home.
We offer more than just food, clothing, and shelter; we offer education, employment skills, and a loving home. Our ultimate aim is for the orphanage to be self-supporting as we begin implementing various alternative livelihood projects and receive renewable support from people around the globe.
Combined with the skills and participation of international volunteers, HardtHaven offers unique opportunities for both volunteers and orphans to make a lasting, life changing difference in each others lives.
Starting Your Training
- June 23, 2012 9 a.m. at Rock the Dock pub and Grill, Tacoma
What are we training for
- Walt Disney Half Marathon/Marathon January 12, 2013
- You Go Girl Half Marathon Sept 16, 2012
What do Training Members Get?
- A 5k freak in training technical shirt
- Training runs Monday, Wednesday and friday evening a 6PM
- Long runs Sunday morning at 9AM Sunday morning trainings are for the Half, Full and Year Round training programs.
- The training fee is non-refundable. Requests for refunds are considered for medical reasons only and must be accompanied by a physician's letter. They must be submitted prior to the half-way point in the training season. A $25 processing fee will be retained.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Fridays evenings at 6:30 PM. We will meet at various locations. Runs for the Half, Full, or Year Round Training Program take place on Sunday mornings at 9AM. We will meet at various locations.
Coached by David B. Hardt'
- David Hardt: Starting running at 12 years old
- Completed 100th Marathon in 2007 (Seattle Marathon)
- Competed in cross country in high school and college (State Champions)
- Army Ten Mile Training Team
- Army Infantry Veteran (Purple Heart/2 deployments)
- Half Marathon winner in 2007
Event schedule and times
June 23, 2012 (Saturday) 9 a.m. will be our first training session.
Training times can be found at http://www.meetup.com/Tacoma-Womens-and-Mens-5k-Freaks/