Salt Creek Beach Park is a beautiful venue with a perfect blend of sandy beaches, large grass areas and recreational trails and serves as the start & finish line. All races use the Salt Creek Regional Corridor Trail; the trail is concrete and blacktop and even offers several stretches with softer terrain next to it.
The Half-Marathon is a two loop course; participants of the 10K will complete one loop while the 5K participants complete 1/2 of the first loop. The Kids 1K Run heads south on the utility road along the beach for .5K then returns to the finish line.
This is a scenic course that will offer beginning and experienced runners a challenge! Runners can expect to see amazing canyon views and will look forward to the Pacific Ocean on the way back to the finish line. Aid stations are approximately 1 to 1.5 miles apart and will have water, sports hydration drinks and other healthy snacks.
Dedicated volunteers and staff will be on the course to insure the best possible race.
- Goodie Bag and samples from fitness vendors
- Chip Timing for fast & accurate results
- All participants will receive a custom-designed, limited edition "tech" shirt
- Awards will given out for top 3 in each age group
- Post-race food will be available
Event schedule and times
- Saturday, April 21st, 2012 - Packet Pickup & Pre-Race Expo
Location: Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills
Address: Oakbrook Village Shopping Center
24291 Avenida De La Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Stop by Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills to pick up your San Juan Hills Trail Run race packet, to purchase your last-minute race gear and for a chance to win a FREE pair of sh
- Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 (Race Day) Arrive 7:00AM, 5K & 10K Start 8:00AM, Kids 1K 8:15AM