Basic tumbling and gymnastic skills. These are beginning level classes. No equipment will be used during class except for tumbling mats. Program will be held at Elm Street Center from 4-4:45 pm on Mondays & Wednesdays (7 week session)
Program Goals & Objectives:
The Greenville Recreation and Parks Beginning Gymnastics program's primary purpose will be to provide safe and fun recreational activities for children ages 3&4. Focusing on three primary goals each day at camp will:
1. Assist each child in reaching their highest potential during gymnastics activities.
2. Improve child's awareness of recreation, education and community resources.
3. Provide a safe, healthy environment for the children and the staff.
* Parents are not allowed in the class during class time. If your child will not stay in class without you perhaps he/she is not ready for gymnastics at this time).
* Brothers and sisters are not allowed to stay in the class and observe.
* Children must be dropped off by parent or guardian at least 10 minutes before the start of their class.
* Children should wear leotards or comfortable shorts and shirts. If tights are worn, we prefer they have no feet in them to prevent slipping.
* Hair worn up and out of the way makes it much easier to use our head and arms.
* Parents please wait outside until the instructor comes to the door to let you know class is over.
* If you come early, please wait until the class ahead of us is over before you enter. That enables each class to get their full schedule time.
* The last class of the session will be an open class where parents and friends are invited to view the children's progress.
Gymnastics Attendance Policy:
All children must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian. Child will not be allowed to attend class if not properly signed in by parent or guardian.