Texas Tech Golf Camp
June 7-10, 2012
To provide young golfers the opportunity to learn advanced techniques of competitive golf as taught at the collegiate level, while having a great time in the process.
Dates: June 7-10, 2012
Ages: Boys and Girls 11-18
Cost: $650 for overnight campers, $500 for day campers.
Click here to download camp brochure.
The tuition covers all instruction, green fees, meals, and practice ball expenses, and for overnight campers, dorm room.
Refund Policy: No refunds within two weeks of the beginning of camp.
Check-In will be from 2 p.m. to
3 p.m. on June 7th, 2012 at Stangle-Murdough Dorms on Tech’s campus.
Check-Out will be at the end of camp on June 10th.
Campers should be picked up at the Rawls Course between noon and 1 p.m.
Camp will include:
- Fundamentals: We will be working with proven techniques. Our instruction will include the full swing (including video analysis), pitching, chipping, putting, and on course instruction.
- Rules & Etiquette: You will learn to enjoy the game, abide by the rules and learn the rules of collegiate golf. You will also be able to be around collegiate coaches and players and learn from their demeanor on and off the golf course.
- Course Management: We will help reduce your scores by teaching you to make proper decisions to get the most out of your game.
- How To: You will learn how to practice effectively, hit trouble shots, read greens, reduce the effects of fatigue and deal with inclement weather.
- NCAA Rules & Regulations: For those of you interested in taking your game to the next level, we will have sessions that deal with recruiting, resumes, what coaches look for in a prospective student-athlete, academic requirements, discussions with current & past members of college programs, and current rules and regulations that are pertinent to you in your search for a college.
Camp Staff -
Texas Tech Head Men’s Golf Coach Greg Sands and Lady Raiders
Coach JoJo Robertson will serve as the 2012 Tech Summer Golf Camp
instructors. Coach Sands is in his 12th season and this is Coach Robertson's third at Tech. The group of coaches, along with current
Tech players, will provide excellent instruction on all areas of the golf game.
Contact Texas Tech Golf Offices
to download camp brochure.