Note: Online registration closes on Saturday, May 9, at 7pm. Race day registration is available at Glenwood Medical Associates starting at 11:30 a.m.
The 16th Annual Mother's Day Mile will be held on Sunday, May 10, 2015 with opening ceremonies beginning at 1 pm. The one mile race benefits the domestic and sexual violence programs of Advocate Safehouse Project. This premier community event attracts elite men and women competitors, recreational runners, and a host of community walk and run completers who complete the one mile course just for fun. The Mother's Day Mile is as much a celebration as it is a race. A celebration of Moms, fitness, and community. Of course, men, women, and families invited.
This is a one mile, yes just one mile, out and back race course that begins and ends at Glenwood Medical Associates, 1830 Blake Avenue, Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Great Swag - All Moms, Grandmoms and Great-Grandmoms receive a finish line rose. All pre-registered participants are guaranteed our signature eco bag filled with goodies -- but you must pre-register. (Limit two per family) All participants receive a piece of homemade apple pie, and a chance to win age group awards.
Big Tent Gift Basket Auction: Everyone is invited to shop under the Big Tent at our enormous Gift Basket Silent Auction. Buy a gift for Mom and pay it forward to the Advocate Safehouse Project.
Waves - The race is held in four waves including a non-timed wave. Children under 14 begin with Wave 1, men and women under 40 go in Wave 2, men and women 40 and older go in Wave 3, and all non-timed families, strollers, walkers, go in Wave 4. We love dogs but our insurance doesn't. Please leave Fido at home. Thanks!
Event details and schedule
- 12:00 p.m. - Registration Opens
- 1:00 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies!
The following wave times are approximate:
- 1:15 p.m. - Children 14 & Under
- 1:35 p.m. - Men & Women 15-39
- 1:55 p.m. - Men & Women 40 & Over
- 2:10 p.m. - Walkers & Families (Strollers welcome, but please no dogs)
- 3:00 p.m. - Awards Ceremony
- 3:15 p.m. - Auction Closes
To be eligible for awards you must REGISTER BEFORE 1 PM RACE DAY AND RUN IN THE AGE APPROPRIATE TIMED WAVE!
- Awards for top three overall male and female
- Awards for top three in each age group
- Awards for fastest Mom, Grandmom, and Great-Grandmom
- Age divisions: 8 and under, 9-10,11-14,15-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70-79, 80 +.