- Race Results
2013 Jewel City Fun & Fitness Ride
Start: Sunday, May 19, 2013
Verdugo Park 1621 Canada Blvd.
Glendale , CA 91208
Glendale , CA 91208
Registration Closing Date
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 @ 5:00 PM (PDT)
The Jewel City Fun & Fitness Ride is the first collaboration between Glendale's oldest Rotary Club and Walk Bike Glendale, a regional chapter of the Los Angeles County Bicyle Coalition. Glendale Rotary Club sponsors local projects in support of the Glendale community and international projects through Rotary International. Event sponsor Glendale Adventist Medical Center has been committed to improving the health of the Glendale community since 1905.
Team Captain Registration
1. First, click the green "Team Captains - Create your Team" button near the top left and type in team name and password if needed.
2. Then click the "Register Now" button above and choose the TEAM MEMBER category to join your team.
3. Choose the team name at the top of the registration form that you previously created.
4. Finish registration and pay.
5. Be sure to tell your team members the team has been created so they can also join the team.
Team Member Registration
1. Click the "Register Now" button above and choose the TEAM MEMBER category to join your team.
2. Choose the team name at the top of the registration form and if your team captain gave you a password for the team, enter that in as well.
3. Finish registration and pay.
The First Annual Jewel City Fun & Fitness Ride features three types of activities to promote bicycling: safety training and practice at Verdugo Park, a moderate route ("Ride & Glide") around Glendale and a challenging 33 mile route ("Gear Grinder") that has a 2600' elevation. Following the ride, participants can listen to live music while patronizing on-site food and fitness related vendors. The event is hosted by Glendale Noon Rotary Club, generously sponsored by Glendale Adventist Medical Center and presented in collaboration with Walk Bike Glendale. Proceeds from the 2013 event will benefit low-income and homeless children and adults served by Ascencia, Glendale Healthy Kids and Glendale Salvation Army.