There are so many heart rate monitor watches on the market is can be a challenge choosing the right one for your needs.
Which one is better? It's really up to your preference. Do you go for style? Functions? Easy set up?
The Magellan Echo smart sports watch ($149) is one to consider for fitness junkies.
- Bluetooth functionality.
- Super light; weight 1.55 oz.
- It's water resistant. Safe for showers, but not swimming.
- Uses replaceable coin cell battery; no need to mess with USB cords.
- Works with most newer smartphones and tablets (Apple: iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad mini, iPad (3rd through 4th generation) Android: Coming Soon.
- Works with Strava, MapMyRun, Wahoo Fitness and iSmoothRun apps.
- Use the watch to control your app tracking and smartphone music
- Customizable; change the button functions to meet your needs.
- Offers tap screen functionality.
- Easy display reading.
- Choose from five different colors.
- A simple design.
This heart rate monitor can be time-consuming to set up. You must first go to the Magellan Echo website or download the Echo app to register your watch and get directions on how to sync your watch up with other apps.
Once the functionality and watch directions are displayed, you choose what app you'd like to use to sync up with the watch. Download that app and sync the watch up. After 10 to 20 minutes of set up, you can learn which buttons do what, or customize them.
It took about 45 minutes to download, sync, and figure out button functionality. Once it's all set up, the Echo is great to track your workouts, distances, calories, heart rate and more.
Shop for more training essentials on GearUp.