• Must be in great physical shape!
• Rafting on the Poudre River
• Ropes course
• Alpine hike/peak ascent (up to 12,000 ft)
• Ecology tree planting and native plant identification
• Evening campfires
• Leadership and Mindfulness Training
Each of the camps will also include activities addressing the identification and utilization of individual strengths and mindfulness based practice. Mindfulness refers to the ability to pay attention and concentrate on present moment experiences, non-judgmentally. For campers, practicing mindfulness will help develop resilience, coping skills, and interpersonal skills like self-confidence, empathy, compassion, and cooperation. The Department of Defense is currently using mindfulness training with soldiers and veterans to promote well-being, reduce stress, and increase attention/focus.
Rocky Mountain Adventure Camp-Colorado State University Military Youth