Photo and recipe by @ahealthylifeforme
With the holidays here in full swing it's tempting to enjoy a few extra treats, but they can knock you off an otherwise well managed diet. This decadent, extra chocolatey tart is a great solution for meeting gluten free or dairy free needs, or maintaining a paleo diet. Plus, it uses almond flour and contains no white sugar.
And thanks to the hefty portion of walnuts in this recipe, you’ll benefit from vitamin E, which is optimal for healthy skin, a fat (called Alpha-Linoleic Acid or ALA) that has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and an amino acid (called L-Arginine) that the body converts to nitric oxide, which helps improve blood flow making for faster muscle recovery.
More from feedfeed: Gluten-Free Desserts
• 4 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons walnut oil
• 3/4 cup semisweet enjoy life chocolate
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
• ½ cup semisweet enjoy life chocolate chunks
• 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
• Sea salt to sprinkle over top
• ½ cup enjoy life semisweet chocolate
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• ½ cup coconut cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 16 raspberries (fresh, firm)
More from feedfeed: Paleo Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tart pan with coconut oil. I used a 10-inch rectangular tart pan, but you can use a 8 or 9" tart pan.
2. In a medium saucepan, add coconut and walnut oil and ¾ cup semisweet chocolate. Once chocolate begins to melt, stir until smooth and creamy.
3. Remove from the pan and stir in sugar, vanilla, and whisk in one egg at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, salt, almond meal and tapioca flour. Slowly whisk in dry mixture to brownie batter and beat well until smooth.
4. Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts. Scrape batter into tart pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Let cool before topping with ganache. (You can speed this up by placing in refrigerator.)
1. Add cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate to a medium sized mixing bowl. Heat coconut milk over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. Pour over chocolate mixture and let sit for 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract and whisk together well until smooth. Drizzle over finished brownie tart.
2. Spread to edges of tart with an off set spatula or a smooth knife
1. If using rectangular tart pan place raspberries in a straight line down each side of tart. If using circular tart pan place around perimeter. (More raspberries may be needed if using round tart pan.)
- Low-Calorie Dessert Recipes
- A Healthy Makeover for Holiday Desserts
- 2 Quick and Easy Good-for-You Desserts Recipes
Find more healthy recipes.