Work During the Pose
- Press your outer arms inward and firm the bases of your index fingers into the floor.
- Firm your shoulder blades against your back, then spread them away from the spine.
- Spread your collarbone away from the breastbone.
- Press your front thighs up toward the ceiling; lengthen the tailbone toward the wall behind you.
- Lift the base of the skull away from the back of the neck and look straight down at the floor.
- Keep the throat and eyes soft.
- Hold for five seconds. Build up to one minute.
Sign up for a yoga class.